Area Sales Manager
JOB SUMMARY: He/She will report to the RVP of Sales for his/her region.
- Establishes a sales program for the directories in an assigned footprint. This includes setting sales quotas and establishing a sales budget through use of a canvass plan.
- Recruits and hires Account Representatives who make up the Sales Team.
- Sees that all Account Representatives are trained in the proper selling techniques to maximize the time allowed to develop the various directories. The Area Sales Manager will provide product and sales training at both basic and advanced levels at the office and in the field to Account Representatives and is responsible for working closely with the Sales Trainers in establishing training needs and communicating about the performance of individual Account Representatives.
- Responsible for growing revenues and number of customers for both print and internet products, including an annual personal sales goal of $400,000
- Evaluates and identifies improvement opportunities and provides immediate and direct feedback through coaching reports to be completed at on all sales team members. Also conducts canvass performance evaluations with all Sales Representatives assigned to his/her sales team.
- Develops reports of sales achievements compared to sales goals. These reports are to be presented on a regular basis to the Regional Vice President of his assigned region.
- Assists in the layout of the telephone directories by working closely with the Production department.
- Works closely with Accounting Department in analyzing and tracking sales commissions.
- Ensures that Account Representatives are thoroughly knowledgeable of all products and services offered by The User Friendly Phone Book.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE GUIDELINES:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Years of experience may be substituted for education.
Three years of yellow page advertising experience, including no less than two years of sales experience.
Significant sales experience required, with training and/or management experience desired.
Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of eligibility to work in the US, blackberry or smartphone, and a personal vehicle with proof of auto insurance.
About User Friendly Media:
Be a part of our success by pursuing a career in sales. Our top performers know what it takes to excel, and they discover the same rewards and possibilities User Friendly Media delivers to its customer’s everyday! User Friendly Media connects customers and businesses through multiple media platforms—online, mobile and print. Our sales professionals are working in a fast-paced dynamic industry offering exciting new products utilizing CityGrid technology.
To apply, email resumes to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer.